ZION’S SUMMER SCHEDULE: Summer is upon us, and it has been requested and voted into agreement to make a few temporary time changes during the dog days of summer. We are pleased to announce our summer schedule:
- Coffee House 8:45am- (no change)
- Sunday School 9:00am- we will take a Summer Break May 28th – August, no summer class.
- Traditional Worship 10:45am- TIME CHANGE to 10:00am starting June 4th ending August 13th.
- DZ@6- Outreach to the community so they can Discover Zion will remain at 6:00pm (no change).
- Office Closed- Memorial Day Monday May 29, 2017.
- Office Hours- 9am-3pm Monday- Thursday. The office will be closed on Fridays, June- August.
Sanctuary Flowers are given to the glory of God by Anita Kesner in memory of Carolyn Mullen.
Summer Worship Schedule: starts NEXT Sunday June 4th. Worship times: 8:45am, 10am, and 6pm!
Cottage Meetings: The purpose is to get to know the members of Zion better, to talk about our hopes for Zion and pray together with Pastor Ann. We will be gathering at the places designated by our hosts. If you have not been contacted, we apologize for any oversight. Please provide your updated name/ address/ ph# and email to the office (330-262-5606), then, contact Julie Mennes for your meeting details.
- Sunday May 28- 1:30PM is hosted by Julie Mennes.
- Wednesday May 31- 7:00PM is hosted by Ginny & Cliff Leighty.
- Sunday June 04- 1:30PM is hosted by Bill Dannley.
- Sunday June 04- 3:30PM is hosted by Elaine & Charles Jentes.
Memorial Day: Is tomorrow Monday May 29th. While we celebrate this day, let us also remember those who fought and died in active military service. This day, we honor you. To those who have lost a loved one, we care about you. If you or someone you love is struggling, you are not alone. The Veterans Crisis Line connects Veterans in crisis (even if they are not registered with VA or enrolled in VA health care) and their families and friends with qualified, caring VA responders.
- Call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1 or chat online at www.VeteransCrisisLine.net* . This is a free and confidential support service offered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Another resource, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.
DZ Meal Schedule: the first Sunday of May through October, the meal plan includes PIZZA! To cover the cost, we are looking for a total of five (5) families that would be able to donate $120 each. Broken down that’s only $20 a month! Your generosity is appreciated! Please contact Cheryl Oswald to discuss this opportunity!
Youth Ministry: Courtney Nolt has accepted a new position outside the church. The personnel team would love to have a member of the congregation take over as Coordinator of Children’s Ministries which is paid position. Interested? Contact Judi Stock, Elaine Jentes or Sara Barstow.
Downtown VBS of Wooster: Sign up today for this FREE Vacation Bible School EVENT! Go online and Google: Downtown VBS of Wooster, or contact the office. Participant Registrations are for children age 3 through 6th grade, and Volunteer Registrations are for those willing to assist with the event. If you would like to help Zion check in participants/ volunteers at the Registration Tables, please sign up in Room 100/ 200 and see Pr Ann. Dates: Mon. June 19- Thur. June 22. Event Check in begins at 8:30am, Starts at 9:00am, Ends at 12 Noon, and held at First Presbyterian Church at 621 College Ave in Wooster, Ohio.
In Our Prayers
Urgent Needs:Shelby & Albert Spradley, Donna Wallace, Eleanor & Ernest Harvey, Marge Haynam.
Ongoing needs:Ilse Karl, Betty Doty, Gideon Cothran, Mary Ann Post, and Amy Williamson.
To add a name or to request further prayer, please contact the church office. Names may be added to the Prayer Chain by contacting the May Prayer Ministry Coordinator Irene Rickett. If you are interested in participating in Zion’s Prayer Ministry, contact our prayer chain leaders, Eleanor Harvey and Irene Rickett.
Last week’s attendance
Coffee House: 32; Sunday School: 10; Traditional: 81; DZ: 12;
Outreach: DZ Meal: 65; Food Bags: 31.